Tuesday, July 28, 2009

10 Favorite Sounds

Yay! I am back! I hate the flu. A week of my life gone. I finally got my appetite back today! My friend invited me to lunch. We went to the Thai place down the road from his office and then had soft serve ice cream. It was a great break from my day!

Anyway, 10 Favorite Sounds:

1. My cat purring contently, especially that extra-loud purr when she stretches.
2. Rain on the leaves in the forest.
3. An orchestra warming up. Not a high school orchestra, where even playing they are out of tune, but a professional one.
4. The sound of snow falling off a branch or other object into more snow.
5. The crickets or other insects outside my window.
6. Ocean waves on a shore.
7. Bird calls.
8. Wind chimes.
9. Water gurgling in a stream.
10. Keys typing in a keyboard. After all these years of writing on a keyboard, I find it easier to concentrate on what I write if I type it out rather than when I hand write it. I hand write all thank you notes, especially after an interview, but I usually get the rough draft faster if I use the computer! Besides, it saves paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment