Sunday, July 12, 2009

Truckin'

The Mack truck graveyard was great yesterday. It's way out past Powhatan, VA. I met the Richmond Photography Meetup Group at the Target at I 288 and Rt 60 (nice super Jo-Ann's out there) and rode with a friend the rest of the way. It is definitely out in the middle of nowhere. Beautiful drive.

I think the place used to service trucks. It had an open-air shed and a medium-sized building, plus a couple of pumps from various eras slowly rusting alongside the large gravel driveway. A row of trucks ranging from Mack freight trucks to very old Ford pickups lined the driveway and partially covered a big field. Tractors and fire trucks added to the mix. I haven't had the energy today to look through my pics, but I will post some this week. Besides, I want to be able to post one of my best on the meetup group page.

Instead, here's pic of the Black-eyed Susans growing next to the shed in the yard. I love these things. There were some growing in the graveyard, too. I am going to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment