Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Busy week

Although it is turning out to be another busy week for me, I am finding time to fit in crafts.

I am lugging my crochet around for little bits of free time.
I am working on the dress when I am home. Here's the fabric I chose for the gown.
Yes, it's green again. I didn't go into Jo-Ann's looking for green fabric. I went in looking for the two types of fabric you see here (I forget what they are called right now), and looked for the color combination I liked best. Yes, I like green. It's one of the main colors in my wardrobe, even. But I was actually hoping for a pretty, dark blue that really spoke to me, and either a light blue or silver for the top of the dress. Instead, I found the only colors I liked were these: a spring green and a lighter matching green. Go figure. I try to expand my wardrobe, and I end up with MORE GREEN.

And I am working on this when I can't work on the dress:

A beaded butterfly! This is just the prototype. I didn't want to use painted wings until I was sure the beading would work.

No comments:

Post a Comment