Monday, April 27, 2009

Ravencon is over!

I have spent the last week preparing for Ravencon 2009. Ravencon is a science fiction and fantasy convention that celebrates the genres of science fiction, fantasy, mystery and horror. It is called Ravencon because it is themed after Edgar Allen Poe. Although Poe was born in Boston, he grew up in Richmond, VA, and his childhood home is now the Edgar Allan Poe museum.

I also worked on my dress, in the hopes of finishing it in time for the con. No such luck. I have several hems to finish, including the skirt hem. The skirt is too long. Way too long. It seems like every skirt or pants I want is usually 6 inches too long. If I can find it in petite, then it is 3 inches too long. I don't like hemming because I need a second person to help me set the hem to the right length.
I also have to make the flowers that attach to the front, and I can't find the buckle I thought I bought for the belt.
The dress is coming along nicely, and I should have photos up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment