Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter on Parade

The family went to Easter on Parade at Monument Avenue in Richmond today. We go almost every year. I love how other people dress up their dogs, and wear home-made Easter bonnets/hats for the contests. This was Kookie's second year. Kookie is my rescued Belgian Malinios. Last year she was so timid we didn't make it through the entire festival.

The Easter festival stretches out on Monument for several blocks, with merchant tents in the islands down the middle. This year she acted like she was at the dog park, only on a leash! She wanted to say hi to all the other dogs and let children touch her without even flinching. She even kept rolling onto her back, trying to get me to play with her! She had a great time, and we actually made it down the street and back to the car. There seemed to be fewer tents this year, but other than that we had a wonderful time! I am so proud of my girl!

She doesn't like riding in my parents' car, though - too loud for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment